In today’s busy world with everyone wanting information instantly and our social media habits making us all very anti social, it is very easy and common to become stressed out because there is stress all around us. Both at home and work. Most times stress or anxiety is caused due to the adverse interactions we have with people or when we have too much work on our plates and let’s not forget the daily stressful routines which include going to work, standing in queue for a cup of coffee or getting stuck in traffic can trigger stress in us all.
There are lots of stress which bring about negativity and prevents a person from achieving their best both physically, mentally, and emotionally. As we all know, when we are stress-free, we have lots fewer worries in our lives, so the big question is, how do you deal with this stress?
Dealing With Stress Through Positivity
Everyone talks to themselves. Something they might want to accept or not but the things we tell ourselves goes a long way in helping our stress level. Giving yourself positive self talk to yourself, such as “I can do this” or “things will be OK” is the right way of decreasing your stress level. When it comes to negative talk, all you do is increase your stress level.
So next time, when you want to tell yourself something negative, remember that you are doing more harm to yourself than good. So why not change it around?
Coffee might keep you alert and active all through the day, and you might not realize you are stressed out until it wears off. Just because you do not initially feel it doesn’t mean it’s not present. So when you are getting stressed out, avoid taking caffeine and opt for water instead
Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is a great way to deal with stress make sure you are getting enough rest. It makes you feel refreshed all through the day as well as being more productive.
Other Ways You Can be dealing with Stress Include
• Practice breathing exercises.
• Relax your shoulders and let physical tension go.
• Count to ten before you react or before you speak Negatively.
• Go for a walk or a light jog.
• Meditation or prayer can help, as well.
• If something on your mind, instead of making quick decisions, sleep on it.
• Walk away from situations which make you stressed.
• Take small steps at a time when confronted with a difficult task.
• Try breaking down more significant problems into minor issues.
• Listen to relaxing and calm music. It can be soothing.
• Tell your problems to people. Talking over things can often help.
• Hug someone.
• Read a book
• Practice yoga
• Draw, colour or paint
• Play a musical instrument for the fun of it
• Find a hobby and stick to it. It could be knitting, sewing, writing, etc
• Play a sport
• Talk a walk in nature
• Work on a scrapbook
• Travel to another city or country
• Spend more time with your family
All these can help in dealing with stress and avoiding the dangers of being overworked and becoming depressed. if you are feeling stressed and would like to book a session please do so here.